Do you specialize in Distributed Generation (DG) and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) projects for your clients as an energy engineer, ESCO employee, or consultant?
This program offers a comprehensive understanding of the technical, legal, and financial principles pertinent to Distributed Generation (DG) and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) technologies, as well as their applications in buildings and facilities.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Learn the technologies, how to analyze your current application, and the fundamentals you must take into account when launching a DG & CHP project.
- Learn the technical aspects of energy, thermodynamics, and the performance of the power cycle.
- Learn how to conduct a cost-benefit analysis
- Understand the impact of regulatory and permitting issues on your DG & CHP project.
- Learn the most recent concepts and strategies for DG and CHP projects concentrated on renewable energy.
- To be certified as CDGP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Presentation slides
- Study references
Upon successful completion of the CDGP training, participants will receive a “Certified Distributed Generation Professional” certificate.
Who Should Attend:
Those in charge of a facility’s distributed generation or combined heat and power requirements or energy professionals tasked with supervising the successful implementation of these types of projects will benefit from this program. Energy engineers, energy managers, engineering managers, plant engineers, maintenance engineers, facilities managers, energy consultants, and building proprietors have participated in this program.
- Intro to Distributed Generation (DG)
- DG & CHP Technologies
- Energy & Thermal Basics
- Power Cycle Performance Measures
- Economic & Life Cycle Costing
- PURPA 1978
- Regulatory & Permitting DG Issues
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- DG & CHP System Project Management
- DG & CHP System Case Studies