This training is intended to provide participants with an understanding of industry best practices for evaluating lighting retrofit projects and transitioning to the latest lighting technologies. Over the course of three days, our professional instructor will guide you through advanced lighting applications, systems, and technological innovations and demonstrate the most relevant and useful principles and practices.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Learn how to measure, verify, and evaluate lighting efficiency project metrics, such as available technologies, financial incentives, and human factor implications.
- Learn how to reduce the energy consumption associated with illumination in a building, facility, or outdoor environment.
- Learn how to document a project, calculate the potential return on investment, and compare savings to other energy efficiency initiatives.
- Discover how to evaluate technologies for a specific application.
- To be certified as CLEP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Presentation slides
- Study references
Upon successful completion of the CLEP training, participants will receive a “Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional” certificate.
Who Should Attend:
Those who are undertaking or evaluating lighting energy projects or lighting retrofit projects will benefit the most from the program.
Acquiring the AIBM’s CLEP certification confers international credibility within the energy management community. Existing energy specialists, energy auditors, energy engineers, energy managers, maintenance managers, manufacturing and facilities managers, and energy consultants have attended this program.
- Introduction to Alternative Energy
- Fundamentals of EEL
- Traditional Light Sources
- Ballasts & Drivers
- Solid State Lighting (LED)
- Luminaires & Fixtures (L&F)
- Lighting Quality
- Lighting Systems Improvements
- Lighting Calculations
- Evaluating Lighting Systems
- Maintaining Lighting Systems
- Environmental Concerns
- Lighting Control Strategies
- DLC & Utility Rebates
- Energy Legislation & Codes
- Lighting Financial Metrics
- Glossary of Lighting Terms Provided