Certified Facilities Management Professional (CFMP)
The Certified Facilities Management Professional (CFMP) program is meticulously designed to equip individuals with a comprehensive skill set and profound knowledge necessary to excel in the specialized field of facility management. By immersing participants in a curriculum that covers the fundamentals of facility management, operations and resource management, safety, sustainability, efficiency, leadership, and professional development, this program ensures that graduates are well-prepared to thrive in roles that demand effective oversight of facilities, operations, and teams.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Facilities Management Professional (CFMP) program, participants will be able to:
- Master the fundamentals of facility management: Develop a solid understanding of the core principles that underlie effective facility management, enabling you to orchestrate smooth operations and optimize resources.
- Excel in operations and resource management: Hone your skills in managing day-to-day facility operations, allocating resources efficiently, and ensuring that facilities function seamlessly to meet organizational needs.
- Prioritize safety, sustainability, and efficiency: Gain proficiency in ensuring the safety of occupants, promoting sustainability practices, and enhancing facility efficiency to contribute to the organization’s overall success.
- Develop leadership prowess and professional growth: Acquire leadership skills that empower you to lead facility management teams effectively. Additionally, cultivate your own professional growth to stay updated on industry trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience in Facilities Management
- To be certified as CFMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Facility Management
Module 2: Operations and Resource Management
Module 3: Safety, Sustainability, and Efficiency
Module 4: Leadership and Professional Development
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Facilities Management Professional (CFMP) certification is designed for professionals who aim to excel in the specialized field of facility management. This certification holds significant value for a diverse range of individuals, including:
- Facility Managers: Those looking to enhance their facility management skills, from orchestrating efficient operations and resource allocation to ensuring occupant safety, satisfaction, and sustainability.
- Operations Managers: Individuals seeking to refine their proficiency in managing various aspects of facility operations, optimizing resource utilization, and driving sustainability practices to contribute to organizational success.
- Safety and Sustainability Professionals: Those interested in broadening their skill set to include facility safety protocols, sustainable practices, and effective resource management in a facility management context.
- Leadership Aspirants: Individuals aspiring to develop leadership capabilities within the realm of facility management, enabling them to effectively lead teams and contribute to organizational growth.
- Facility Management Consultants: Experts providing specialized guidance on facility management strategies, safety protocols, sustainability initiatives, and resource allocation practices.
- Aspiring Facility Managers: Individuals on the path to entering the field of facility management, aiming to gain comprehensive insights into foundational principles and advanced practices within this domain.
Evaluate your career aspirations, your current skill set, and the trajectory you envision for your professional journey to determine if the CFMP certification aligns harmoniously with your ambitions for success in the dynamic and essential realm of facility management.