Certified Process Safety Management Professional (CPSMP)
The Certified Process Safety Management Professional (CPSMP) program covers the essential principles and practices of process safety management to ensure safe and reliable operation of chemical processes. This program aims to equip individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively implement and manage process safety programs to prevent or minimize accidents, injuries, and environmental incidents. The program is divided into four modules that cover the introduction to the process safety management standard, systems of safety and PSM standard, mechanical integrity, and incident investigation.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the concepts and principles of process safety management and its importance in the chemical industry
- Learn the requirements of the PSM standard and how to effectively implement and manage process safety programs
- Acquire knowledge of safety systems and procedures to identify and control process hazards
- Develop skills to ensure the mechanical integrity of equipment and facilities to prevent failures and accidents
- Learn incident investigation techniques to identify root causes, develop corrective actions, and prevent recurrence of incidents
- To be certified as CPSMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction to the Process Safety Management Standard
- Systems of Safety and PSM Standard
- Mechanical Integrity
- Incident Investigation