Certified Acting Professional (CAP)
Most of us have fantasized about what it would be like to be an actor at some point in our lives. For many, this thought ends there. Some of us, however, consider how we might make that thought a reality.
The Certified Acting Professional Course provides a thorough overview of the many aspects of the performance industry, introducing exercises designed to engage your voice, body, heart, and brain – the same essential skills found in some of the world’s leading performance training programs.
You’ll be guided through vocal and physical warm-up techniques, character creation and development, and text analysis – examining character motivations, emotional expression, relationships, and the internal and external factors at work. Physicality is also crucial; you’ll learn the components of a walk as well as theories of dynamics and tension.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Improve your knowledge of theatre culture.
- Understand how to prepare physically and vocally for performances; be able to develop and apply character creation techniques
- Learn how to dissect scripts in order to better understand characters.
- Understand how to use structured techniques to confidently step into a role.
- Understand the performance industry and its requirements.
Module 1: Modern Performance
Module 2: Knowing the Craft
Module 3: Creating a Character
Module 4: Physical Performance