The Certified Bookkeeping Professional (CBP) program is a comprehensive certification designed to equip individuals with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of bookkeeping and financial record-keeping. Effective bookkeeping is essential for businesses and organizations to maintain accurate financial records, make informed decisions, and ensure regulatory compliance. The CBP program provides a thorough curriculum covering bookkeeping principles, accounting software proficiency, financial statement preparation, and ethical standards, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared for roles that demand precision and proficiency in financial record-keeping.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Bookkeeping Professional (CBP) program, participants will be able to:
- Master Bookkeeping Fundamentals: Develop a deep understanding of bookkeeping principles, including double-entry accounting, chart of accounts, and financial transactions.
- Accounting Software Proficiency: Gain expertise in popular accounting software applications used in the industry for efficient and accurate financial record-keeping.
- Financial Statement Preparation: Learn how to prepare key financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Regulatory Compliance: Understand the regulatory requirements related to financial reporting and bookkeeping practices, ensuring adherence to legal standards.
- Ethical Standards: Demonstrate ethical conduct and professional integrity in all aspects of bookkeeping and financial record-keeping.
- Effective Record Management: Develop skills in managing and organizing financial records, ensuring accessibility and accuracy.
- Financial Analysis: Use financial data to perform basic financial analysis, assess the financial health of an organization, and provide valuable insights.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CBP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- Accounting Software Proficiency
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Regulatory Compliance in Bookkeeping
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Bookkeeping Professional (CBP) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various industries and roles, including:
- Bookkeepers: Current and aspiring bookkeepers looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in financial record-keeping.
- Accounting Assistants: Professionals involved in accounting and financial tasks within organizations.
- Small Business Owners: Entrepreneurs and business owners responsible for maintaining their financial records.
- Finance Students: Students pursuing a degree in finance or accounting interested in gaining practical bookkeeping skills.
- Administrative Professionals: Individuals responsible for financial record-keeping in administrative roles.
- Compliance Officers: Professionals ensuring that financial record-keeping practices comply with regulatory standards.
- Office Managers: Individuals overseeing financial operations within an office or department.
Earning the CBP certification signifies your expertise in bookkeeping and financial record-keeping, a skill set in high demand across various industries. Whether you’re already working in finance or aspiring to enter this field, this certification equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in maintaining accurate financial records and contributing to the financial well-being of organizations.