Certified Bookkeeping Professional (CBP)
The Certified Bookkeeping Professional (CBP) professional certification program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of bookkeeping principles and practices. The program is intended to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively manage the financial records of an organization. This certification covers fundamental accounting concepts, financial statements, accounting transactions and journals, merchandising and inventory, partnerships, and corporations. Upon completion of this program, individuals will be able to prepare financial statements, manage inventory records, and ensure accurate record-keeping for financial transactions.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understanding basic accounting concepts and financial statements
- Recording and managing accounting transactions and journals
- Managing merchandising and inventory
- Understanding partnerships and corporations and their accounting practices.
- To be certified as CBP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Basic Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Accounting Transactions and Journals
- Merchandising and Inventory
- Partnerships and Corporations