Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP) professional certification program covers the principles and practices of building commissioning, which ensures that building systems operate according to the design intent and the owner’s requirements. The program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the commissioning process and the roles and responsibilities of the commissioning team. It also covers coordination, documentation, and verification, testing, and training in commissioning. The main objective of the program is to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage and perform building commissioning projects.
Certification Program Objectives:
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of building commissioning and its importance in ensuring the functionality and efficiency of buildings.
- To equip professionals with the knowledge and skills required to manage the commissioning process effectively and efficiently.
- To provide an understanding of the commissioning team’s role and importance in the commissioning process.
- To provide professionals with the knowledge required to coordinate commissioning activities and document the commissioning process.
- To equip professionals with the knowledge and skills required to verify and test building systems and train building occupants.
- To be certified as CBCP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction to Building Commissioning
- The Commissioning Process and Team
- Commissioning Coordination and Documentation
- Verification, Testing, and Training in Commissioning