The Certified Construction Cost Professional (CCCP) program is a prestigious certification designed to recognize individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in construction cost estimation and management. Construction cost professionals play a critical role in ensuring that construction projects are executed within budgetary constraints while maintaining quality standards. Professionals with CCCP certification are acknowledged for their mastery in cost estimation, budget control, value engineering, risk assessment, and the practical application of cost management principles in construction projects.
The CCCP program encompasses a comprehensive curriculum, comprising various modules, each focusing on specific aspects of construction cost estimation and management. These modules provide participants with an extensive understanding of cost estimation techniques, budget development, value engineering, risk assessment, and real-world cost management practices.
Certification Learning Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Construction Cost Professional (CCCP) program, participants will acquire a diverse skill set, including the ability to:
- Cost Estimation Techniques: Proficiently use cost estimation methods, including quantity takeoff, unit rate analysis, and cost databases, to develop accurate project cost estimates.
- Budget Development and Control: Create comprehensive construction project budgets, control costs, and optimize resource allocation to ensure cost-efficiency.
- Value Engineering: Implement value engineering principles to identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising project quality.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify and assess cost-related risks, develop mitigation strategies, and ensure project success in the face of challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CCCP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Cost Estimation Techniques
- Budget Development and Control
- Value Engineering in Construction
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification?
The Certified Construction Cost Professional (CCCP) certification is highly valuable for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Construction Cost Estimators: Those dedicated to developing accurate cost estimates for construction projects.
- Project Managers: Professionals seeking to enhance their cost management skills and budget control expertise.
- Quantity Surveyors: Individuals involved in quantity takeoff and cost analysis in construction projects.
- Construction Planners: Those interested in optimizing project budgets and resource allocation.
- Building Contractors: Professionals responsible for managing project costs and profitability.
Embark on the journey of achieving the CCCP certification to become a recognized expert in construction cost estimation and management, deliver projects within budget, and advance your career in the dynamic field of construction and project management.