The Certified Construction Health and Safety Professional (CCHSP) program is a prestigious certification meticulously designed to equip individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in the specialized field of construction health and safety. In the construction industry, safety is of paramount importance, and organizations require professionals who can effectively manage safety programs, assess risks, and ensure the well-being of workers and the public. The CCHSP program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers construction safety fundamentals, hazard identification and control, regulatory compliance, risk assessment, and incident management. Graduates are well-prepared to excel in roles that demand precision and proficiency in creating and maintaining safe construction environments.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Construction Health and Safety Professional (CCHSP) program, participants will attain the following objectives:
- Master Construction Safety Fundamentals: Develop a deep understanding of the core principles of construction safety, including hazard recognition, risk assessment, and safety program development.
- Hazard Identification and Control: Proficiently identify construction hazards, assess risks, and implement control measures to mitigate safety risks effectively.
- Regulatory Compliance: Understand and adhere to construction safety regulations and industry standards to ensure legal compliance and worker protection.
- Risk Assessment: Gain expertise in assessing risks specific to construction sites and making informed decisions to protect workers and the public from potential hazards.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CCHSP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Construction Safety Fundamentals
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Assessment
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Construction Health and Safety Professional (CCHSP) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Construction Safety Managers and Directors: Seeking to enhance their construction safety management skills and strategies to protect workers and ensure safety on construction sites.
- Safety Engineers and Consultants: Looking to offer specialized construction health and safety services to construction companies and enhance their consulting capabilities.
- Construction Project Managers: Wishing to ensure the safety of construction projects, workers, and the public while adhering to regulatory standards.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professionals in Construction: Interested in integrating construction safety principles into their EHS practices and programs.
- Risk Managers in Construction: Seeking to assess and mitigate construction health and safety risks within organizations and implement preventive measures.
Pursue the CCHSP certification to refine your construction health and safety skills, protect lives and assets, and contribute to the success and well-being of construction projects by creating and maintaining safe construction environments.