The Certified Construction Manager (CCM) program is a prestigious certification designed to recognize individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in construction management. Construction management plays a pivotal role in planning, executing, and delivering successful construction projects. Professionals with CCM certification are acknowledged for their mastery in project planning, cost management, risk mitigation, quality assurance, and the practical application of construction management principles.
The CCM program comprises six comprehensive modules, each focusing on specific aspects of construction management. These modules provide participants with an extensive understanding of construction project planning, budgeting, scheduling, risk assessment, quality control, and real-world construction management practices.
Certification Learning Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) program, participants will acquire a diverse skill set, including the ability to:
- Construction Project Planning: Develop comprehensive project plans, defining scope, objectives, and milestones for construction projects.
- Cost Management: Effectively manage project budgets, control costs, and optimize resource allocation to ensure cost-efficiency.
- Project Scheduling: Create detailed project schedules, set timelines, and manage construction activities to meet project deadlines.
- Risk Mitigation and Management: Identify and assess project risks, develop mitigation strategies, and ensure project success in the face of challenges.
- Quality Assurance and Control: Implement quality management processes, conduct inspections, and uphold construction quality standards.
- Real-World Construction Management: Apply construction management principles to real-world scenarios, including commercial construction, infrastructure projects, and residential developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CCM, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Construction Project Planning and Initiation
- Cost Management and Budgeting
- Project Scheduling and Time Management
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation in Construction
- Quality Assurance and Control in Construction
- Real-World Construction Management Applications
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification?
The Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification is highly valuable for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Construction Project Managers: Those already working in construction management roles, seeking advanced knowledge and skills.
- Construction Planners: Professionals dedicated to project planning, scheduling, and cost management.
- Contractors and Developers: Individuals involved in construction project execution and delivery.
- Engineers and Architects: Those seeking to enhance their construction management expertise.
- Building Inspectors: Professionals responsible for quality assurance in construction projects.
Embark on the journey of achieving the CCM certification to become a recognized expert in construction management, successfully lead construction projects, and advance your career in the dynamic field of construction and infrastructure development.