Certified Desktop Support Manager (CDSM)
With the use of this certification, it can be proven that a desktop support manager is capable of successfully managing the operational and tactical elements of a support organization while strategically coordinating with the demands of the company.
Support for desktops goes beyond simply maintaining desktops. Support for laptops, notebooks, printers, and pretty much everything else for which the business intends to offer in-person desktop support, is included. The manager of desktop support is in charge of carrying out the operational and tactical plans for desktop support while meeting customer and organizational needs.
Certification Learning Objectives:
- Qualities of a successful desktop support manager.
- How to develop and implement operating level agreements and service level agreements.
- How to match business strategy, objectives, and processes with desktop support services.
- Relationships between IT service management processes are crucial.
- Methods for selecting, appointing, educating, and directing high-performing teams.
- How to establish a marketing culture within your company to advertise your desktop support services.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience as a Desktop Support Manager
- To be certified as CDSM, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Desktop Support
Module 2: Strategy
Module 3: IT Financial Management
Module 4: Technology and Service Support