Certified Dog Grooming Professional (CDGP)
Many people’s lives are not complete without their animals. They become dependable companions that reciprocate love when shown affection. This course gives a thorough overview of dog grooming, including its background and an examination of the anatomy and health of dogs.
Dogs are susceptible to parasites, infections, and zoonotic diseases, and pre-grooming health checks can help to spot coat or skin conditions. To show you how to efficiently groom a dog, we provide a number of lessons and examples. We provide guidance on how to handle challenging dogs and oversee their training to maintain the efficiency of your service. You’ll discover safe methods for bathing, washing, and drying dogs so they emerge clean and fluffy.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Discover the importance of pet grooming, the tools you’ll need, and your animal-handling style.
- Learn about the background of pet grooming.
- Recognize dog anatomy, fundamental health issues, parasites, and preserving health.
- The significance of a pre-grooming health examination and updating clients on their pet’s condition.
- Discover the numerous skin and health conditions, as well as the ideal canine grooming techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CDGP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIPC.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Anatomy and Health, Parasites, Infections, and Zoonotic Diseases
Module 2: Coat and Skin Disorders
Module 3: Prepping the Work Area
Module 4: Detail Grooming (Eyes, Ears, Teeth, Feet, Bottom)
Module 5: Handling Difficult Dogs and Behavior Management
Module 6: Advanced Grooming Techniques and Creative Styling
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
This certification is designed for individuals who have a passion for working with dogs and aspire to become professional dog groomers. Whether you’re looking to start a career in the pet care industry, enhance your existing grooming skills, or establish your own grooming business, the Certified Dog Grooming Professional (CDGP) certification equips you with the knowledge and expertise needed to excel in this rewarding field.
- Aspiring Dog Groomers: If you have a love for dogs and are eager to turn your passion into a fulfilling career, the CDGP certification provides you with comprehensive training to kickstart your journey as a professional dog groomer. It covers essential grooming techniques, health and safety protocols, and business fundamentals to help you succeed in the competitive grooming industry.
- Pet Care Professionals: Individuals already working in the pet care industry, such as pet sitters, dog walkers, or veterinary assistants, can benefit from obtaining the CDGP certification to expand their skill set and offer additional services to their clients. By becoming a certified dog groomer, you can enhance your value as a pet care provider and attract more customers.
- Animal Shelter Staff and Volunteers: Staff members and volunteers at animal shelters and rescue organizations often handle grooming tasks for the animals in their care. The CDGP certification equips them with the necessary grooming knowledge and techniques to ensure the health and well-being of shelter pets and increase their chances of adoption.
- Pet Owners and Enthusiasts: Even if you’re not pursuing a career in dog grooming, the CDGP certification can still be valuable for pet owners who want to learn how to groom their dogs at home properly. By understanding grooming best practices and techniques, pet owners can ensure their furry companions look and feel their best between professional grooming appointments.
- Entrepreneurs: Individuals interested in starting their own dog grooming business can benefit from the CDGP certification by gaining essential knowledge about grooming equipment, salon management, and customer service. Whether you plan to operate a mobile grooming service or open a brick-and-mortar salon, this certification sets you on the path to success in the pet grooming industry.
- Veterinary Professionals: Veterinary technicians, assistants, and other veterinary professionals can enhance their skill set and offer additional services to clients by obtaining the CDGP certification. Understanding basic grooming techniques allows veterinary professionals to assist with grooming tasks and provide comprehensive care for their patients.