Certified Equipment Manager (CEM)
The Certified Equipment Manager (CEM) professional certification program is designed to equip construction professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively manage construction equipment. The program covers the evolution of construction equipment, cost of ownership, equipment selection, and replacement. It also covers the optimization of equipment productivity, scheduling, maintenance, safety, and security of construction equipment. Additionally, the program covers inventory management and procedures for construction equipment. The program aims to enable participants to manage construction equipment efficiently and effectively.
Certification Program Objectives:
- To provide an understanding of the evolution and cost of construction equipment
- To equip participants with skills in equipment selection and replacement
- To teach participants how to optimize equipment productivity
- To provide an understanding of equipment scheduling and operations
- To teach participants how to effectively manage maintenance, safety, and security of construction equipment
- To equip participants with knowledge on inventory management and procedures for construction equipment.
- To be certified as CEM, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Evolution and Cost of Construction Equipment
- Equipment Selection and Replacement
- Estimating and Optimizing Equipment Productivity
- Equipment Scheduling and Operations
- Maintenance, Safety, and Security of Construction Equipment
- Inventory Management and Procedures for Construction Equipment