Certified Event Safety Professional (CESP)
The Certified Event Safety Professional (CESP) program is designed to provide professionals with the knowledge and skills required to manage and mitigate risks associated with events of all sizes. The program covers various aspects of event safety management, from initial planning to the execution of the event, including legal and regulatory requirements, risk assessments, and emergency procedures. The CESP program is ideal for those who want to establish their expertise in the field of event safety management and wish to ensure that their events are conducted in a safe and secure environment.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of the key principles and concepts of event safety management.
- Familiarize with health and safety laws and regulations and understand the importance of risk assessment.
- Learn how to manage stewards and marshals, plan starts and finishes, and utilize traffic safety signs.
- Develop skills in planning and executing safe events that comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- To be certified as CESP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction and Event Planning Considerations
- Health and Safety Law and Risk Assessment
- Police Attendance and General Planning Considerations
- Steward and Marshal Management, Starts and Finishes, and Traffic Safety Signs