The Certified Health and Safety Manager (CHSM) program is a comprehensive certification designed to equip individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in the specialized field of health and safety management. In today’s industrial and corporate landscape, the health and well-being of workers are of paramount importance, and organizations require professionals who can effectively manage safety programs, assess risks, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. The CHSM program offers a comprehensive curriculum covering essential topics, enabling graduates to excel in roles that demand precision and proficiency in creating and maintaining safe work environments.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Health and Safety Manager (CHSM) program, participants will attain the following objectives:
- Master Health and Safety Fundamentals: Develop a deep understanding of the core principles of health and safety, including hazard recognition, risk assessment, and safety program development.
- Hazard Identification and Control: Proficiently identify workplace hazards, assess risks, and implement control measures to mitigate safety risks effectively.
- Regulatory Compliance: Understand and adhere to health and safety regulations and industry standards to ensure legal compliance and worker protection.
- Risk Assessment: Gain expertise in assessing risks, making informed decisions, and implementing preventive measures to protect workers and the public.
- Incident Management: Develop skills in incident management, including incident investigation, analysis, and corrective action implementation to prevent future incidents.
- Safety Program Development: Learn to create and implement comprehensive safety programs that prioritize worker health and safety, incorporating best practices and industry standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CHSM, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Health and Safety Fundamentals
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Assessment
- Incident Management
- Safety Program Development
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Health and Safety Manager (CHSM) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Health and Safety Managers and Directors: This certification is ideal for current or aspiring health and safety managers and directors responsible for overseeing and implementing comprehensive safety programs within organizations. It equips them with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage safety initiatives, protect workers, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists: Occupational health and safety specialists seeking to advance their expertise in hazard identification, risk assessment, and safety program development will benefit from this certification. It enhances their ability to assess workplace risks and implement preventive measures.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professionals: EHS professionals interested in integrating health and safety principles into their environmental management practices and programs can find value in this certification. It enables them to align environmental and safety objectives for holistic risk management.
- Safety Engineers and Consultants: Safety engineers and consultants looking to offer specialized health and safety services to organizations can leverage this certification. It enhances their consulting capabilities, enabling them to provide expert guidance on safety program development and implementation.
- Construction Safety Managers: Construction safety managers responsible for ensuring the safety of construction projects, workers, and the public while adhering to regulatory standards can benefit from this certification. It equips them with the knowledge and strategies to maintain safe construction environments.
- Risk Managers in Health and Safety: Risk managers focusing on health and safety within organizations can find value in this certification. It allows them to assess and mitigate health and safety risks effectively, reducing incidents and promoting worker well-being.
Pursue the CHSM certification to refine your health and safety management skills, protect lives and assets, and contribute to the success and well-being of organizations by creating and maintaining safe work environments.