The Certified Health Information Management System Manager (CHIMSM) certification program offers a comprehensive curriculum that prepares individuals to excel in the field of health informatics. This program encompasses four key modules: Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Informatics, Health Informatics Project Management, Change Management in Health Informatics, and Health Informatics Workflow and Process Optimization. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical application, participants will gain a deep understanding of the critical components involved in managing health information in a complex healthcare environment.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Develop a thorough understanding of legal and ethical considerations in health informatics, ensuring compliance with regulations and maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Acquire the necessary project management skills to effectively plan, execute, and control health informatics projects, ensuring successful implementation and delivery.
- Gain expertise in change management principles and techniques to facilitate the smooth transition and adoption of health informatics systems within healthcare organizations.
- Learn strategies for optimizing workflows and processes in the healthcare industry using health informatics tools and technologies, improving efficiency and enhancing patient care outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CHIMSM, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Informatics
- Health Informatics Project Management
- Change Management in Health Informatics
- Health Informatics Workflow and Process Optimization