Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS)
The Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) program is designed to empower individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in supervisory roles within the hospitality industry. Hospitality supervisors play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of hotels, resorts, and other lodging establishments. They are responsible for managing staff, guest services, and various operational aspects. The CHS program provides a comprehensive curriculum that covers essential areas, enabling graduates to become effective leaders in the field of hospitality.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) program, participants will be able to:
- Leadership and Team Management: Develop strong leadership and team management skills to effectively lead and supervise hospitality staff, ensuring high-quality guest services.
- Guest Experience Enhancement: Learn strategies to enhance the overall guest experience by focusing on guest satisfaction, service excellence, and problem resolution.
- Operations and Efficiency: Gain proficiency in managing various hotel operations, including front desk services, housekeeping, food and beverage, and facility maintenance, while optimizing efficiency.
- Staff Training and Development: Acquire skills in staff training, development, and motivation to create a cohesive and high-performing hospitality team.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Enhance communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with guests, colleagues, and management.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Develop the ability to identify and address operational challenges and make informed decisions to ensure the smooth operation of the hospitality establishment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CHS, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Leadership and Team Management in Hospitality
- Guest Services and Experience Enhancement
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Staff Training and Development in Hospitality
- Quality Assurance in Hospitality
- Crisis Management in Hospitality
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Hospitality Supervisors: Individuals currently working or aspiring to work in supervisory roles within the hospitality sector.
- Frontline Staff Aspiring to Supervision: Frontline staff members seeking career advancement into supervisory positions within the hospitality industry.
- Hospitality Management Trainees: Those undergoing management training programs within the field of hospitality.
- Hotel and Resort Owners: Owners of hospitality establishments looking to enhance their leadership and management skills.
- Hospitality Management Students: Students pursuing degrees or diplomas in hospitality management seeking specialized expertise in supervision.
By earning the CHS certification, individuals demonstrate their readiness to take on supervisory roles within the hospitality industry, effectively lead teams, and contribute to delivering exceptional guest experiences. Whether you are currently working in the field or aiming to enter it, this certification equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in supervisory positions in the dynamic hospitality sector.