Certified Housekeeping Professional (CHP)
The Certified Housekeeping Professional (CHP) program is a comprehensive certification designed to equip individuals with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of housekeeping management. Housekeeping plays a crucial role in maintaining cleanliness, order, and safety in various environments, including hotels, resorts, healthcare facilities, and more. The CHP program provides a thorough curriculum covering various aspects of housekeeping, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared to excel in roles that demand precision and proficiency in managing housekeeping operations.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Housekeeping Professional (CHP) program, participants will be able to:
- Master Cleaning Techniques: Develop expertise in a wide range of cleaning techniques, from surface cleaning to specialized cleaning methods for different environments.
- Efficient Housekeeping Operations: Learn how to efficiently manage housekeeping operations, including scheduling, resource allocation, and quality control.
- Safety and Hygiene: Understand the principles of safety and hygiene in housekeeping and apply them to ensure the well-being of guests and staff.
- Inventory Management: Acquire skills in managing housekeeping supplies and equipment, optimizing inventory levels, and reducing waste.
- Sustainability Practices: Embrace sustainable housekeeping practices and contribute to environmentally friendly operations.
- Guest Satisfaction: Learn how to meet and exceed guest expectations by providing impeccable housekeeping services.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CHP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Cleaning Techniques and Methods
- Housekeeping Operations Management
- Safety and Hygiene in Housekeeping
- Inventory Management in Housekeeping
- Environmental Sustainability Practices in Housekeeping
- Guest Satisfaction and Service Excellence in Housekeeping
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Housekeeping Professional (CHP) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Hotel and Resort Housekeeping Managers: Individuals currently managing or aspiring to manage housekeeping operations in hotels and resorts.
- Healthcare Facility Managers: Professionals responsible for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in healthcare environments.
- Facility Managers: Those overseeing housekeeping in commercial and industrial facilities.
- Housekeeping Supervisors: Individuals supervising housekeeping staff and operations.
- Housekeepers: Experienced housekeepers looking to advance their careers into management roles.
- Hospitality Professionals: Those working in the hospitality industry who want to specialize in housekeeping management.
Earning the CHP certification signifies your expertise in all aspects of housekeeping management, from cleaning techniques and operations to safety and sustainability. Whether you are already working in the industry or aspire to do so, this certification equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in roles that demand advanced proficiency in housekeeping management.