Certified Industrial Hygiene Professional (CIHP)
The Certified Industrial Hygiene Professional (CIHP) is a professional certification program designed to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to identify, evaluate, and control potential hazards in the workplace. As a CIHP, you will play a critical role in ensuring the safety and health of workers in various industries, from manufacturing to healthcare.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Identifying potential hazards in the workplace, such as chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
- Evaluating the risks associated with these hazards and determining appropriate exposure limits.
- Implementing control measures to minimize or eliminate hazards, such as engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment.
- Understanding and complying with relevant government regulations.
- To be certified as CIHP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction and Overview of Industrial Hygiene
- Recognition and Evaluation of Hazards
- Control of Hazards
- Government Regulations and Their Impact