Certified Insurance Management Professional (CIMP)
The Certified Insurance Management Professional (CIMP) program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry and equip professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage insurance operations effectively. The program covers various aspects of insurance, including insurance basics, risk management, underwriting, and the legal and economic environment of insurance business. Participants will learn about the fundamentals of insurance, its various types, and how it works. They will also learn about risk management techniques, control mechanisms, and the legal and economic factors that affect the insurance industry. Finally, the program will provide an overview of the underwriting process and methods, which are critical to effectively managing insurance operations.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Gain a thorough understanding of insurance basics, its various types, and how it works.
- Develop effective risk management techniques and control mechanisms.
- Understand the legal and economic environment of insurance business.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to manage insurance operations effectively, including the underwriting process and methods.
- To be certified as CIMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Insurance Basics
- Risk Management and Control
- Legal and Economic Environment of Insurance Business
- Underwriting Process and Methods