The Certified Insurance Management Professional (CIMP) program is a prestigious certification designed to equip individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in insurance management. The insurance industry plays a vital role in risk mitigation and financial protection for individuals and organizations. Professionals with CIMP certification are acknowledged for their mastery in insurance principles, risk assessment, policy management, and the practical application of insurance management strategies.
Certification Learning Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Insurance Management Professional (CIMP) program, participants will acquire a diverse skill set, including the ability to:
- Comprehensive Insurance Knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of insurance principles, types, and industry standards.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Evaluate risks, determine insurance needs, and implement effective risk management strategies.
- Policy Management: Administer insurance policies, including underwriting, claims management, and policyholder services.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with insurance regulations and legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CIMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Insurance Fundamentals and Principles
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation in Insurance
- Insurance Policy Management
- Regulatory Compliance in Insurance
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Insurance Management Professional (CIMP) certification is highly valuable for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Insurance Managers: Those responsible for managing insurance operations, policies, and claims.
- Risk Managers: Professionals focused on identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks within organizations.
- Insurance Brokers and Agents: Individuals involved in insurance sales and client advisory roles.
- Compliance Officers: Those responsible for ensuring insurance regulatory compliance.
- Financial and Investment Professionals: Individuals seeking a deeper understanding of insurance in the context of financial planning.
Embark on the journey of achieving the CIMP certification to become a recognized expert in insurance management, contribute to effective risk management, and advance your career within the dynamic insurance industry.