Certified Insurance Operations Professional (CIOP)
The Certified Insurance Operations Professional (CIOP) professional certification program is designed to provide insurance professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and practices related to operations management in the insurance industry. This program is intended to equip professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills to recognize the need for change, improve profitability, prepare for change, and implement changes in their organizations. The certification program is divided into four modules covering various aspects of insurance operations management.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Recognize the need for change and analyze the current state of operations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Improve profitability through cost reduction by identifying cost-saving opportunities, implementing cost-reduction strategies, and monitoring the effectiveness of these strategies.
- Prepare for change and implementation by producing a robust plan of action, establishing effective management controls, instituting a communication strategy, and putting a project start-up plan together.
- Realize available benefits and mobilize the organization by establishing the possible, delivering the possible, identifying potential obstacles, putting together a program for realizing all available benefits, and mobilizing the rest of the organization.
- To be certified as CIOP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Recognizing the Need for Change and Analysis
- Improving Profitability through Cost Reduction
- Preparing for Change and Implementation
- Realizing Available Benefits and Mobilizing the Organization