The Certified Insurance Performance Management Professional (CIPMP) professional certification program is designed to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills required to drive performance in the insurance industry. This program covers a wide range of topics related to insurance performance management, including finance, underwriting, claims, marketing, sales, customer service, product and portfolio management, operations, human resources, and information technology. The program aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the key decision areas that drive performance and enable individuals to become trusted advisors in their respective organizations.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the importance of performance management in the insurance industry
- Learn the key decision areas that drive performance
- Gain knowledge on the different functions of finance, underwriting, claims, marketing, sales, and customer service
- Learn about product and portfolio management, operations, human resources, and information technology in the insurance industry
- Understand how these functions impact insurance performance
- Learn about the role of executive management in driving performance
- Understand the key performance indicators used to measure insurance performance
- Summarize and apply the knowledge gained throughout the certification program.
- To be certified as CIPMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction and Promise of Performance
- Finance, Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service
- Product and Portfolio Management, Operations, HR, and IT
- Executive Management and Performance Summar