Certified Islamic Banking Professional (CIBP)
The Certified Islamic Banking Professional (CIBP) certification program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the rapidly-growing field of Islamic banking and finance. As a CIBP, you will play a critical role in promoting ethical and socially responsible financial practices that adhere to Islamic principles.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understanding the principles of Islamic economics and finance and their application in the contemporary financial landscape.
- Understanding different Islamic finance structures, such as mudaraba, musharaka, and ijara, and their application in various financial products and services.
- Understanding different Islamic retail, corporate, and treasury products, such as murabaha, istisna’a, and sukuk, and their features and benefits.
- Understanding different Islamic funds, such as mutual funds and exchange-traded funds, and their application in investment management.
- To be certified as CIBP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction to Islamic Economics and Finance
- Islamic Finance Structures
- Islamic Retail Products, Corporate Products and Treasury Products
- Islamic Funds