The Certified Islamic Capital Markets Professional (CICMP) program is a distinguished certification meticulously crafted to provide individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in the specialized domain of Islamic capital markets. Islamic capital markets operate in accordance with Shariah principles, and professionals in this field are responsible for managing and optimizing investments in a manner compliant with Islamic ethics. The CICMP program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers Islamic finance principles, capital market instruments, risk management, and regulatory compliance, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared to excel in roles that demand precision and proficiency in Islamic capital markets.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Islamic Capital Markets Professional (CICMP) program, participants will be able to:
- Master Islamic Finance Fundamentals: Develop a deep understanding of the foundational principles of Islamic finance, including the ethics of Shariah-compliant capital markets and the significance of Islamic financial instruments.
- Navigate Islamic Capital Market Instruments: Proficiently analyze and manage various Islamic capital market instruments, such as Sukuk, Shariah-compliant equities, and Islamic funds.
- Implement Ethical Investment Strategies: Design and implement investment strategies that adhere to Shariah principles, ensuring ethical and compliant investments.
- Manage Risk Effectively: Understand and apply risk management techniques to mitigate risks associated with Islamic capital market activities.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance: Comprehend the regulatory framework governing Islamic capital markets and ensure compliance with relevant laws and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience in Islamic Capital Markets
- To be certified as CICMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Islamic Finance Fundamentals
- Islamic Capital Market Instruments
- Ethical Investment Strategies
- Risk Management in Islamic Capital Markets
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Islamic Capital Markets Professional (CICMP) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Islamic Finance Professionals: Those already in the field, seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills for career advancement in Islamic capital markets.
- Investment Analysts: Individuals interested in specializing in ethical and Shariah-compliant investment management.
- Financial Planners: Professionals looking to broaden their expertise in Islamic capital markets and investment planning.
- Risk Managers: Those responsible for managing risks associated with Islamic capital market portfolios.
- Compliance Officers: Professionals tasked with ensuring regulatory compliance in Islamic capital market activities.
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners: Business owners interested in ethical and compliant investment opportunities.
Embark on the journey of achieving the CICMP certification to refine your skills in Islamic capital markets, optimize ethical investment strategies, and contribute to the growth and ethical development of Islamic finance through informed investment decisions.