Certified Islamic Funds Investment Professional (CIFIP)
The Certified Islamic Funds Investment Professional (CIFIP) professional certification is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of Shariah-compliant investment strategies and principles. This program is suitable for finance professionals seeking to develop their expertise in the growing field of Islamic finance. The CIFIP program is divided into four modules, covering topics such as Shariah-compliant fund management, responsible investing, and the principles of Islamic finance. Upon completion of the program, participants will have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of Islamic funds investment and be equipped with the knowledge to pursue a career in this field.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the fundamentals of Shariah investments and their growth in the modern financial world, including preparing the next generation for Shariah-compliant investing.
- Develop skills in fund management within Shariah-compliant investment guidelines, including the ability to analyze and assess Islamic investment products and services.
- Acquire knowledge about the driving principles of Islamic finance, including the prohibition of interest (riba) and investments in prohibited sectors (haram), and the role of ethical and social responsibility in investment decision-making.
- Learn how to invest responsibly and make informed decisions when choosing from a broad range of Islamic investment funds.
- To be certified as CIFIP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- The Growth of Shariah Investments: Preparing the Next Generation
- Fund Management within Shariah-Compliant Investment Guidelines
- Uncovering the Driving Principles of Islamic Finance
- Investing Responsibly and Broad Choices of Islamic Investment Funds