Certified IT Manager (CITM)
The overwhelming burden of comprehending technical intricacies at a high level requires today’s IT managers to multitask. They must also completely comprehend, be aware of, and be able to manage other critical factors, including people, corporate governance, risk, finance, and many other disciplines. Unfortunately, the IT sector hasn’t really kept up with this demand, and there hasn’t been a good way for IT managers to properly prepare themselves for the tough and complicated environment of today.
The goal of the Certified IT Manager certification is to impart the competencies necessary for the modern IT specialist operating at the senior professional, team-leader, supervisor, or management level in IT management. Candidates who take this course will demonstrate that they have acquired the skills needed to exercise leadership and accept accountability for the performance and growth of their teams under challenging circumstances.
Certification Program Objectives:
The participant will be able to after completing the course:
- As determined by senior IT and business management, provide direction and implement IT strategy.
- Employee selection and management, training program implementation, career plan preparation, and work rotation programs
- Using RFI, RFP, and selection criteria, choose, assess, and bargain with providers
- Specify guidelines for creating, evaluating, and putting into use business applications.
- Organize and/or support the management of IT projects
- Create and implement service management procedures for managing issues and changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Senior Management Level in Information Technology
- To be certified as CITM, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: IT Strategy
Module 2: IT Organization
Module 3: Vendor Selection & Management
Module 4: Business Change Management