Certified Life Insurance Professional (CLIP)
The Certified Life Insurance Professional (CLIP) professional certification program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge of the life insurance industry, its legal principles, and the various products and schemes offered. The program is ideal for those who wish to establish a career in the life insurance sector or for those who want to expand their knowledge and expertise. The program is divided into four modules that cover the basics of insurance, pricing, and underwriting of life insurance products, group insurance, and distribution channels. Upon completion of the program, candidates will possess the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in their careers as life insurance professionals.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the fundamental legal principles of life insurance
- Learn about life insurance pricing and underwriting
- Understand the various life insurance products and social security schemes
- Explore group insurance, super-annuating policies, and distribution channels of life insurance.
- To be certified as CLIP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction to Insurance and Legal Principles of Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Pricing and Underwriting
- Life Insurance Products and Social Security Schemes
- Group Insurance, Super Annuating Policies, and Distribution Channels of Life Insurance