The Certified Logistics Analyst (CLA) program is a detailed and structured training initiative tailored for professionals in the field of logistics and supply chain management. Logistics, a pivotal component in the global economy, involves the intricate management of goods’ movement, storage, and delivery from origin to consumption. This certification is designed to deepen understanding and expertise in these areas, ensuring that participants can effectively manage complex supply chains, optimize logistics operations, and contribute significantly to their organizations’ efficiency and profitability.
The CLA program focuses on a comprehensive range of logistics concepts, from foundational supply chain principles to advanced strategies for optimization and technology integration. It addresses the increasing complexity of global logistics networks, equipping professionals with the skills to navigate and manage these challenges effectively. By blending theoretical knowledge with practical applications, the program aims to foster a holistic understanding of logistics and supply chain management, preparing participants for the dynamic and evolving nature of this critical field.
Upon successful completion of the Certified Logistics Analyst (CLA) program, participants will achieve the following objectives:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Fundamentals: Gain a deep understanding of the essentials of logistics and supply chain management, including inventory management, transportation, warehousing, and distribution.
- Efficiency and Optimization Strategies: Develop skills in optimizing supply chain processes, reducing costs, improving efficiency, and enhancing overall logistics operations.
- Technology in Logistics: Learn about the role of technology in modern logistics, including the use of logistics software, automation, and data analytics in supply chain management.
- Global Logistics Management: Acquire knowledge about global logistics operations, including international trade regulations, global supply chain strategies, and cross-border logistics challenges.
- Risk Management and Sustainability: Understand the importance of risk management in logistics and learn strategies for sustainable logistics practices, focusing on environmental and ethical considerations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CLA, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Logistics
- Module 2: Inventory Management
- Module 3: Transportation Management
- Module 4: Warehousing and Distribution
- Module 5: Supply Chain Optimization
- Module 6: Logistics Analytics and Performance Measurement
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.