Certified Managed Pressure Drilling, Well Design and Application Professional (CMPDWDAP)
An important technique for drilling wells with limited pressure factors is managed pressure drilling (MPD). This course will highlight cutting-edge technological characteristics that will give guidelines for participants to properly identify and analyze whether MPD is fit for your chosen well or project because MPD is a performance-enhancing solution.
Participants will have the chance to gain significant understanding of various MPD systems and design applications through ABIM’s thorough training course. The modeling and management of hydraulic load will also be explained. Additionally, all critical components of drilling operations in relation to managed pressure drilling (MPD) systems and design structures will be covered by our professional expertise.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Analyze the MPD concept and its various methods and implementations.
- Recognize the different MPD system components and their functions.
- Determine any gaps and close them using MPD methods.
- Set minimal training standards for MPD installation.
- Cementing and other completing activities should be carried out using MPD techniques.
- Effectively comprehend and use the hardware and software restrictions of MPD control during secondary well control operation.
- Describe the standard control systems.
- Recognize and put into practice methods for maintaining primary well control using MPD control systems.
- Find and evaluate detection methods for regulating bottom-hole pressure during an influx.
- To be certified as CMPDWDAP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Presentation slides
- Study references
Upon successful completion of the CMPDWDAP training, participants will receive a “Certified Managed Pressure Drilling, Well Design and Application Professional” certificate.
Who Should Attend:
- Drilling engineers
- Reservoir engineers
- Production engineers
- Well-site supervisors
- Drilling operations managers
- Completion engineers
- Well planning engineers