Certified Marine Insurance Fraud Professional (CMIFP)
The Certified Marine Insurance Fraud Professional (CMIFP) professional certification program is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the various types of fraud committed in the marine insurance industry. This program aims to equip individuals with the necessary skills and expertise to identify and prevent fraudulent activities related to marine insurance. The program covers the different aspects of marine insurance fraud, including the roles of the assured, insurer, and independent agents. The program also explores the potential impact of law reform on marine insurance fraud.
Certification Program Objectives:
- To provide a general overview of fraud in marine insurance
- To examine fraud committed by the assured at the outset and post-contractual stage
- To analyze fraud committed by the insurer and independent agents of the parties
- To assess the potential impact of law reform on marine insurance fraud.
- To be certified as CMIFP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- General Overview of Fraud in Marine Insurance
- Fraud Committed by the Assured at the Outset and Post-Contractual Stage
- Fraud Committed by the Insurer and Independent Agents of the Parties
- Potential Impact of Law Reform on Marine Insurance Fraud