Certified Merchandising Professional (CMP)
The Certified Visual Merchandising Professional (CVMP) program is designed to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the visual merchandising industry. This program covers the history, role, and day-to-day responsibilities of visual merchandisers, as well as the importance of store design and layout. Participants will also learn about creating eye-catching window displays and in-store visual merchandising, as well as the role of mannequins, lighting, and maintenance in creating a successful visual merchandising strategy. By the end of this program, participants will have gained the expertise needed to succeed in the field of visual merchandising.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the history and evolution of visual merchandising
- Learn about the role and day-to-day responsibilities of visual merchandisers
- Gain knowledge about store design and layout, including the importance of pop-up shops
- Learn how to create engaging and effective window displays, including themes, schemes, and budgeting
- Gain expertise in in-store visual merchandising, including product adjacencies and point of sale techniques
- Understand the role of mannequins, including sculpting and dressing, and the importance of lighting
- Learn about retail standards and maintenance, including technology and virtual visual merchandising.
- To be certified as CVMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- History and Role of Visual Merchandising
- Store Design and Layout
- Window Display and In-Store Visual Merchandising
- Mannequins, Lighting, and Maintenance