Certified Network Cabling Design Professional (CNCDP)
Enterprises today, with few exceptions, rely on IT to offer business-critical services, frequently to the end user. As a result, it is crucial that the mission-critical data center is created, kept up-to-date, and run with efficiency and high availability in mind. Network cabling is the backbone of the network and one of the key factors in the data center’s availability among all the facilities.
In-depth knowledge of designing and installing the data network cabling system, including important topics like technical standards, designing various cabling sub-systems, calculating material requirements, architecture, installation, testing, and acceptance, is exposed to participants in the CNCDP course.
Certification Learning Objectives:
- Recognize the various network cabling standards, the models, and how to use them in network architecture.
- Create the user cabling and patching infrastructure for commercial structures.
- Create the data center’s network cabling and patching system.
- Create the framework for both interior and outdoor cable systems.
- For network installations, choose the appropriate cabling containment/pathways.
- Use the right installation techniques and steer clear of typical errors.
- Establish the appropriate testing standards and procedures for copper and fiber systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience as a Network Cabling Design Professional
- To be certified as CNCDP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1:Introduction to Structured Cabling System (SCS)
Module 2:Horizontal and Administration
Module 3: Building Backbone
Module 4: Architectural Considerations