The Certified Occupational Health and Safety Professional (COHSP) program is a prestigious certification meticulously designed to equip individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in the specialized field of occupational health and safety. In today’s industrial and corporate landscape, the health and well-being of workers are of paramount importance, and organizations require professionals who can effectively assess risks, implement safety programs, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. The COHSP program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers occupational health and safety fundamentals, risk assessment, safety program development, regulatory compliance, and incident management. Graduates are well-prepared to excel in roles that demand precision and proficiency in safeguarding the health and safety of workers.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Occupational Health and Safety Professional (COHSP) program, participants will attain the following objectives:
- Master Occupational Health and Safety Fundamentals: Develop a deep understanding of the core principles of occupational health and safety, including hazard recognition, risk assessment, and safety program development.
- Risk Assessment: Proficiently identify workplace hazards, assess risks, and implement control measures to mitigate safety risks effectively.
- Safety Program Development: Learn to create and implement comprehensive safety programs that prioritize worker health and safety, incorporating best practices and industry standards.
- Regulatory Compliance: Understand and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations to ensure legal compliance and worker protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as COHSP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Occupational Health and Safety Fundamentals
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Program Development
- Regulatory Compliance
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Occupational Health and Safety Professional (COHSP) certification is highly beneficial for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists: Seeking to enhance their expertise in hazard identification, risk assessment, and safety program development to protect worker health.
- Safety Managers and Directors: Interested in advancing their safety management skills and strategies to ensure worker safety within organizations.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professionals: Wishing to integrate occupational health and safety principles into their EHS practices and programs.
- Healthcare and Medical Professionals: Interested in ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for healthcare workers and patients.
- Safety Engineers and Consultants: Looking to offer specialized occupational health and safety services to organizations and enhance their consulting capabilities.
- Risk Managers: Seeking to assess and mitigate occupational health and safety risks within organizations and implement preventive measures.
Pursue the COHSP certification to refine your occupational health and safety skills, protect worker health, and contribute to the success and well-being of organizations by creating and maintaining safe and healthy work environments.