Certified Oil and Gas Essentials Professional (COGEP)
Oil and natural gas are major industries in the energy industry that have a significant impact on the global economy, and their production and distribution processes and systems are extremely complex, capital-intensive, and dependent on cutting-edge technology. Due to international pricing competition, shifting industry dynamics, aging asset infrastructure, and the need to decommission equipment in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, the oil and gas industry worldwide is undergoing significant transformations.
AIBM has a “learn to ace” philosophy, and our team consists of professional and expert educators who ensure that your abilities and skills are enhanced by effectively acquiring course-related knowledge. This thrilling, straightforward, practical, and engaging course will equip participants with the fundamental oil and gas industry knowledge necessary for professional success. The training course will include exercises and regional and global case studies.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Determine and evaluate the oil and gas industry’s structure, lifecycle, and operation from upstream to downstream.
- Recognize key processes involved in the formation, discovery, recovery/extraction, processing, transport, and sale of oil.
- Identify and explain terms and functions, including installations, production facilities, onshore/offshore operations, and support requirements.
- Describe essential operational procedures.
- Examine the reasons why the sector is regarded as a high-risk, safety-sensitive industry.
- Principles of oil and gas operations and safety.
- To be certified as COGEP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Presentation slides
- Study references
Upon successful completion of the COGEP training, participants will receive a “Certified Oil and Gas Essentials Professional” certificate.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals desiring a foundational comprehension of the oil and gas industry and its operations.
- Individuals new to the oil and gas industry, as well as contractors serving industry clients.
- Individuals interested in advancing their careers in the oil and gas industry and its fundamentals.
- An overview of the oil and gas industry
- The industry’s history
- Onshore operations’ scope
- Offshore operations’ scope
- Energy requirements and data for the global market
- Oil and gas attributes
- Origin and accumulation of oil and gas essentials
- Equipment and downstream production
- Industrial methods
- Equipment requirements and applications for onshore and offshore operational processes
- Onshore/offshore risks
- Upstream activities and risks analysis
- Health and security
- Quality control essentials
- Sustainable environment
- Risk management
- Procuring drilling licenses
- Oil and gas drilling techniques
- Drilling structural units, rigs, and bottom supported units
- Bottom-supported units
- Drilling functionality
- Overview of circulating, rotating, power, hoisting system
- Formation and evaluation of drilling units
- Midstream, downstream, and decommissioning
- Types of drilling and its importance
- Mode and inspection rate of drilling accordingly
- Process and storage operations