Certified Operations Manager (COM)
The Certified Operations Manager (COM) program is designed to provide participants with the tools, knowledge, and skills to manage complex business operations effectively. Through this program, participants will learn how to optimize operations, streamline processes, and achieve organizational goals. The course is suitable for professionals seeking to advance their careers in the field of operations management and gain recognition as an expert in their field.
The COM program is led by experienced instructors who bring real-world experience and expertise to the classroom. Participants will engage in a dynamic learning environment that includes case studies, simulations, and group discussions. Upon completion of the program, participants will have a deep understanding of operations management principles, the ability to develop and implement effective strategies, and the skills to lead and manage teams. The COM program is a valuable investment for professionals seeking to advance their careers in operations management and gain a competitive edge in today’s global business environment.
Certification Program Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Operations Manager (COM) program, participants will be able to:
- Grasp operations management fundamentals: Understand the core principles that underpin effective operations management and drive organizational success.
- Navigate global supply chain and logistics: Employ techniques for managing global supply chains and optimizing logistics.
- Oversee international product and service management: Understand the complexities of managing international products and services.
- Manage location, capacity, and risk: Utilize strategies for location decisions, capacity planning, and risk management.
- Leverage technology, innovation, and sustainability: Incorporate technology, innovation, and sustainable practices into operations.
- Measure performance and employ operations analytics: Evaluate operational performance and utilize analytics for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience in Business Operations
- To be certified as COM, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Introduction and Globalization of Operations
Module 2: Global Supply Chain and Logistics
Module 3: International Product and Service Management
Module 4: Location, Capacity, and Risk Management
Module 5: Technology, Innovation, and Sustainability
Module 6: Performance Measurement and Operations Analytics
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Operations Manager (COM) certification is designed for professionals seeking expertise in operations management. It holds value for a diverse range of individuals, including:
- Operations Managers: Those overseeing and optimizing day-to-day operations within organizations.
- Supply Chain Professionals: Individuals keen on enhancing their supply chain and logistics skills.
- Global Logistics Specialists: Professionals focused on managing global logistics networks.
- Project Managers: Those leading projects with a significant operational component.
- Innovation Managers: Individuals interested in integrating innovation into operations.
- Consultants: Experts providing guidance on operations management strategies.
Evaluate your career goals and skill set to determine if the COM certification aligns with your aspirations for professional growth in the field of operations management.