Certified Pet Nutrition Professional (CPNP)
Whether you work in a veterinary practice, a pet store, or have a pet that you adore, the Certified Pet Nutrition Professional certification can help you ensure that you feed your pet the best food that meets their specific needs and requirements.
The Certified Pet Nutrition Professional certification will give you valuable insight into ensuring that your pet or your clients’ beloved pets are fed the proper diet to meet their specific growth needs.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Learn about different food types, pet diets, and how to read pet food labels to ensure that your pet is always getting the best nutrition.
- Recognize the significance of pet nutrition.
- Discover the digestive system. Learn the distinctions between herbivores, omnivores, and carnivores, as well as which pets eat which foods.
- Determine how proper nutrition can aid in disease prevention.
- Learn about the different feeding stages in animals and how their diet changes as they grow from puppies or kittens to adults, as well as what they need to eat as seniors, pregnant, or lactating.
- Learn what is considered a healthy weight for a pet and about the various weight issues that the pet may face throughout their life.
Module 1: Introduction to Food Types, Types of Diet, and Pet Food Labels
Module 2: Feeding Stages in a Pet’s Life
Module 3: Pet Weight and Food
Module 4: Species Specific Sources of Nutrition