Certified Poetry Writing Professional (CPWP)
Writing effective poetry is a skill that must be learned, even though it is a means of self-expression like any other art form. No one is born with the talent to create effective poetry. The Certified Poetry Writing Professional certification teaches you the elements that go into creating beautiful poetry as well as the methods you may use to start or enhance your own writing.
It’s vital to gain a foundational understanding of the relevance of poetry from the past and present before picking up a pen and creating your own works. You will learn about the development of poetry, what it has meant to many poets over the years, how it has been utilized, and what to think about if you want to write spoken word or children’s poetry.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the most important poetic concepts and devices and how to use them. Have a solid understanding of the history of poetry.
- Possess proficiency in a variety of poetry styles
- Possess the capacity to recognize and play around with various poetry structures
- Utilize a variety of literary devices, including meter, rhyme, and figurative language, with confidence in your own writing. Recognize and cultivate your unique “poet’s voice.”
- Become familiar with the forms and methods that work best for your voice.
- Knowing how poems are published can give you the confidence to submit your work to literary journals.
Module 1: The Language of Poetry
Module 2: Form and Structure
Module 3: Figurative Language – Imagery
Module 4: Metre and Rhythm