Certified Printmaking Professional (CPP)
This course is an excellent introduction to the medium, taking you through your first steps in printmaking and exposing you to a variety of styles, techniques, and methods so you can determine which resonates with you the most.
You’ll leave with a working knowledge of printmaking and the various ways it can be used to express yourself. You’ll also have a better idea of how to continue your creative journey in order to exhibit and sell your artwork.
The Certified Printmaking Professional Course begins with an examination of the various tools and equipment used by printmakers and carvers, as well as how to repurpose household items and natural objects to create unique prints.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Develop a solid foundation in a variety of printmaking and carving techniques.
- Learn how to plan and design patterns.
- Understand how to carve and incise your own printing plates from a variety of materials.
- Understand how to repurpose, recycle, and reuse items in printmaking.
- Learn about printmaking for business.
Module 1: Tools, Supplies, Repurposing Equipment in Printmaking
Module 2: Rubber Stamping—Carving Your Own Stamp
Module 3: Introduction to Linocuts and More Complex Prints
Module 4: Introduction to Block Printing and Intaglio Printmaking