In the process control industry, safeguarding is particularly important when it comes to the installation of safety apparatus and systems. To design effective safety mechanisms, however, you must have a comprehensive understanding of safety requirements and solutions, safety standards, process control, and fieldbuses, a relatively new concept in the industry.
This knowledge will be imparted to you during the AIBM Process Control & Safeguarding training course, which is designed to provide information about the fundamentals of safety and the main approaches to ensuring system safety for process control, Fieldbus solutions, intrinsic safety, functional safety, process control design solutions, SIS, safety alarms, and applicable international standards.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Provide a summary of safety systems associated with process control systems
- Discuss intrinsic and functional safety measures
- Familiarize yourself with Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) and techniques
- Contemplate the available Fieldbus options, implement safe design and risk management, and contemplate safety certifications.
- To be certified as CPCSP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Presentation slides
- Study references
Upon successful completion of the CPCSP training, participants will receive a “Certified Process Control & Safeguarding Professional” certificate.
Who Should Attend:
The course is designed for those whose occupations involve the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of safety systems for process control, as well as those who are responsible for protecting process control systems. Typical participants include:
Other professionals include automation, chemical, electrical, maintenance, and process engineers, installation and maintenance technicians, supervisors and process operators, project managers, and system integrators.
Module 1: Overview of Process Control, Instrumentation and Fieldbus
Module 2: Dependability Concepts, Safe Design, Failures, and Standards
Module 3: Fieldbus Safety Solutions and Implementation Options
Module 4: Functional Safety, and SIS Aspects
Module 5: Testing, Intervention, and Analysis