Certified Professional Calligraphy Artist (CPCA)
In our high-tech world, more and more people are realizing the value of picking up a pen again. There is joy in creating something beautiful with a trained hand movement. Letters written in the art form of calligraphy are particularly stylish and sometimes majestic. The Certified Professional Calligraphy Artist certification will walk you through the tools to use, strokes to practice, and scripts to create step by step. This will provide you with a well-rounded understanding of this beautiful art form.
The Certified Professional Calligraphy Artist course begins by looking back in time, at the origins of calligraphy and its uses around the world. This introduction includes a definition of calligraphy, specifically as it is used in the Western world. You will learn about the differences between modern and classical calligraphy. You will also be given a glossary of terms that you will encounter throughout the course and your career as a calligrapher.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Learn the four most important classical calligraphy scripts. Foundational Hand, Roman Script (Capitals), Italic Script, and Gothic Script are the four styles.
- I’ve learned about the history of each script and how it came to be.
- Have a solid foundation in modern calligraphy and brush hand.
- Learn about the tools required for beautiful calligraphic writing.
- Be able to confidently create the letter’s thick and thin strokes.
- Know the most common problems that new calligraphers face and how to solve them.
- Be able to create beautiful flourishes to complement your writing and work.
- Learn what it takes to start a business as a calligraphy artist.
Module 1: Calligraphy Tools and Materials
Module 2: Modern Calligraphy
Module 3: Foundational Hand
Module 4: Different Scripts