Certified Professional Guitarist (CPG)
The Certified Professional Guitarist Course offers a combined learning approach that incorporates written and illustrated explanations, video and audio demonstrations, and backing tracks for you to play along with, whether you are taking your first steps in learning to play the guitar or returning to the instrument after a previous attempt.
Learn the anatomy of your guitar as well as essential techniques for holding the instrument, playing notes, and using a pick/plectrum or fingers.
You’ll learn how to read tablature (tab), standard notation, rhythm notation, and strum on the guitar. You’ll also learn essential, commonly used major and minor chords, as well as some simple versions of much trickier chords and useful chord transition tricks.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Follow along with written and illustrated explanations, video and audio demonstrations, and background tracks.
- Learn how to hold and play the guitar correctly.
- Learn to read guitar tablature and notation.
- Composition and chord playing practice
- Investigate beginner, intermediate, and advanced guitar techniques.
- Learn how to improvise guitar solos.
Module 1: The Basic Concepts
Module 2: Chord College
Module 3: Barre Chords and the CAGED System
Module 4: Spotlight on Soloing