Certified Professional Jewelry Maker (CPJM)
If you want to make your own jewelry, this course is a great place to start. It covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of the subject.
You’ll learn about different types of jewelry, how to get started, and practical advice on the tools and techniques used to create a variety of pieces. You’ll finish the course with your own jewelry to show off and confidence in your new skill, thanks to step-by-step projects.
The Certified Professional Jewelry Maker Course will introduce you to various types of handmade jewelry, the history and development of jewelry making around the world, and how to get started – including a look at health and safety as well as the equipment and tools you’ll need.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Learn about various types of handmade jewelry.
- Discover the techniques used in the creation of jewelry.
- Carry out practical projects such as making your own jewelry.
- Get a sense of how you would go about starting a business selling your artwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CPJM, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIPC.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Wire Wrapping
Module 2: Metalsmithing
Module 3: Enamelling
Module 4: Hand Stamping and Engraving
Module 5: Gemstone Setting Techniques
Module 6: Bead Weaving and Embroidery
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Professional Jewelry Maker (CPJM) certification is meticulously crafted for individuals who possess an unwavering passion for the artistry and craftsmanship of jewelry making. Whether you’re an aspiring jewelry designer, a seasoned artisan, or someone enchanted by the allure of creating wearable works of art, this certification offers a comprehensive journey through the techniques, materials, and aesthetics of jewelry making, empowering you to transform your creativity into exquisite pieces of jewelry.
- Artisans and Jewelry Designers: If you find joy in bringing your creative visions to life through jewelry, the CPJM certification provides a structured pathway to refine your skills and explore new techniques. Whether you specialize in contemporary designs, vintage-inspired creations, or bespoke jewelry, this certification equips you with the knowledge and expertise to craft distinctive and captivating pieces that resonate with discerning clients and collectors.
- Craftsmen and Metalsmiths: For artisans proficient in metalwork and craftsmanship, the CPJM certification offers an opportunity to expand your repertoire and elevate your craft to new heights. Whether you work with precious metals, alloys, or alternative materials, this certification delves into advanced metalsmithing techniques, surface treatments, and finishing methods, enabling you to create jewelry that seamlessly marries form, function, and beauty.
- Gemologists and Gemstone Enthusiasts: Professionals with a fascination for gemstones and their captivating allure can deepen their understanding and expertise with the CPJM certification. It offers insights into gemstone identification, grading, and sourcing, as well as techniques for incorporating gemstones into jewelry designs with precision and creativity, allowing you to create stunning pieces that celebrate the natural beauty and inherent value of gemstones.
- Art Educators and Instructors: Educators passionate about fostering creativity and technical proficiency in jewelry making will find the CPJM certification to be a valuable resource. It provides a structured curriculum, instructional resources, and hands-on projects to enhance teaching effectiveness and inspire a new generation of jewelry makers with a profound appreciation for the art and craft of jewelry making.
- Retailers and Jewelry Merchandisers: Professionals working in the jewelry retail industry, including store owners, merchandisers, and sales associates, can enhance their product knowledge and customer service with the CPJM certification. It offers insights into jewelry trends, market dynamics, and consumer preferences, enabling you to curate compelling collections, engage customers effectively, and drive sales in a competitive market landscape.
- Art Therapy Practitioners: Therapists, counselors, and mental health professionals incorporating art therapy into their practice can harness the therapeutic potential of jewelry making with the CPJM certification. It offers guidance on facilitating creative expression, promoting self-discovery, and fostering healing through jewelry making, empowering you to use jewelry as a powerful tool for personal growth, self-expression, and emotional well-being.
Whether you’re an established jewelry designer, a metalsmith, a gemstone enthusiast, or simply someone captivated by the transformative power of jewelry, the Certified Professional Jewelry Maker (CPJM) certification invites you to embark on a transformative journey of discovery, creativity, and mastery in the timeless art of jewelry making.