Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
The Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) program is a comprehensive certificate course designed for professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in the field of purchasing and procurement. This program provides a deep understanding of purchasing principles, supplier management, negotiation strategies, and contract management. Participants will learn how to effectively manage the procurement process, ensure supplier quality and performance, optimize cost savings, and mitigate supply chain risks. The CPM program equips individuals with the necessary competencies to excel in purchasing management roles, contribute to organizational success, and drive strategic procurement initiatives.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of purchasing and procurement principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Acquire skills in supplier management, including supplier selection, evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Learn effective negotiation strategies and tactics for achieving optimal procurement outcomes.
- Understand the legal and contractual aspects of purchasing, contract management, and supplier agreements.
- Enhance cost savings and value generation through strategic sourcing and supplier collaboration.
- Identify and mitigate supply chain risks through effective supplier relationship management.
- Implement sustainable procurement practices and ethical supplier engagements.
- Foster continuous improvement in the purchasing function and drive operational excellence.
- Prepare for leadership roles in purchasing management and contribute to organizational success.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience in a Purchasing role
- To be certified as CPM, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Purchasing and Procurement
Module 2: Supplier Management and Relationship Building
Module 3: Effective Negotiation Strategies and Tactics
Module 4: Contract Management and Legal Considerations