Certified Quality Improvement Professional (CQIP)
Because quality means different things to different individuals, defining it can be difficult. It could imply that items meet or surpass client expectations, or that they are defect-free. It could be a company’s exceptional customer service or the efficient processes used to deliver a product or service.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Quality management has a long history.
- People and organizations gain from quality
- Tools for resolving problems and improving procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience in Quality Improvement
- To be certified as CQIP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Quality Concepts
Module 2: Continuous Improvement Techniques
Module 3: Customer-Supplier Relations
Module 4: Quality philosophies