Certified Retail Banking Professional (CRBP)
The Certified Retail Banking Professional (CRBP) professional certification program is designed to equip individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the retail banking industry. This program covers various aspects of retail banking, including the environment in which it operates, the products and services offered, and the regulatory framework that governs it. Participants will also learn about the credit appraisal process, banking securities, and money recovery. The CRBP program is divided into four modules, each with a unique focus, to ensure a comprehensive understanding of retail banking.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the retail banking environment, including the role of retail banks in the economy and the regulatory framework they operate within.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of retail banking products and channels, including payments and payment systems, credit appraisal, banking securities, and the recovery of money.
- Learn about the various payment systems and channels used by retail banks, including electronic banking and mobile banking.
- Understand the importance of credit appraisal in retail banking, including the use of credit scoring and credit risk management techniques.
- Learn about the different types of banking securities, such as bonds and shares, and how they are traded.
- Understand the process of recovering money owed to a retail bank, including legal remedies and debt recovery procedures.
- To be certified as CRBP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- The Retail Banking Environment
- Inside the Retail Bank
- Retail Banking Products, Channels and Payment Systems
- Credit Appraisal, Banking Securities and Money Recovery