The Certified Roadway Safety Professional (CRSP) program is a prestigious certification designed to recognize individuals with advanced knowledge and expertise in roadway safety management. Ensuring the safety of roadways and transportation systems is critical to reducing accidents and saving lives. Professionals with CRSP certification are acknowledged for their mastery in assessing, planning, implementing, and monitoring roadway safety measures to enhance public safety and mitigate risks.
Certification Learning Objectives:
Upon completing the Certified Roadway Safety Professional (CRSP) program, participants will acquire a diverse skill set, including the ability to:
- Comprehensive Roadway Safety Knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of roadway safety principles, strategies, and best practices.
- Safety Assessment and Planning: Evaluate roadway safety conditions, identify hazards, and create effective safety plans and interventions.
- Safety Implementation: Implement safety measures, infrastructure improvements, and traffic management strategies to enhance roadway safety.
- Safety Monitoring and Evaluation: Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of roadway safety initiatives and adjust strategies as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CRSP, student should take up a 1.5 hours online exam conducted by AIBM.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Roadway Safety Fundamentals
- Safety Assessment and Planning
- Safety Implementation Strategies
- Safety Monitoring and Evaluation
* The modules of the certification are constantly updated and are subject to change.
Who Should Do This Certification:
The Certified Roadway Safety Professional (CRSP) certification is highly valuable for professionals across various roles and industries, including:
- Roadway Safety Managers: Those responsible for overseeing roadway safety initiatives and projects.
- Transportation Planners: Professionals involved in planning and designing safe transportation systems.
- Traffic Engineers: Experts in engineering solutions to enhance roadway safety.
- Safety Consultants: Individuals providing specialized safety advisory services.
- Government Officials: Those responsible for public safety and policy related to roadways.
Embark on the journey of achieving the CRSP certification to become a recognized expert in roadway safety, contribute to safer transportation systems, and advance your career in the field of roadway safety management.