Certified Safety Instrumented Systems Management Professional (CSISMP)
Safety Instrumented Systems (IS) are installed to monitor the values and parameters of a plant in order to trigger alarms and position the plant in a safe condition in the event of a risk condition. In order to determine precisely how much effort to invest in each phase of the safety life-cycle, it is essential for plant managers to remain current on applicable functional safety standards.
This AIBM Safety Instrumented Systems Management Training is intended to provide participants with a comprehension of the fundamental principles of functional safety so they can make informed decisions regarding the SIS’s risk parameters and design options.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Comprehend contemporary standards, guidelines, and recommended practices,
- Evaluate process risk levels and determine Safety Integrity Levels (SILs), and comprehend the fundamentals of regular inspection and proof testing of SIF and SIS.
- To be certified as CSISMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Presentation slides
- Study references
Upon successful completion of the CSISMP training, participants will receive a “Certified Safety Instrumented Systems Management Professional” certificate.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for plant managers responsible for managing functional safety involving Safety Instrumented Systems, process engineers, electrical, instrument, operations & maintenance personnel in the process industry who are involved in the design, operation, and maintenance of plants employing Safety Instrumented Systems, project engineers and managers, health & safety professionals.
Module 1: Introduction to safety and the safety instrumented system life-cycle
Module 2: Guidelines and standards
Module 3: Functional safety management, audit and assessment
Module 4: Hazard, risk and SIL determination
Module 5: SIS design, engineering, installation and commissioning
Module 6: Modes of operation and associated Target Failures Measures
Module 7: Hardware Safety Integrity, Systematic Safety Integrity
Module 8: Operation and maintenance of safety instrumented systems