Certified Sales & Marketing Professional (CSMP)
Marketing is fundamentally concerned with the description and prediction of decision outcomes involving all aspects of the firm that relate to its customers, competitors, distributors, and business regulators.
Interest in description and prediction, in turn, is associated with the improvement of marketing decision making. Recent developments in the field include new methods and theories for understanding buyers’ perceptions and preferences, probabilistic choice models, models for allocating marketing resources, econometric analysis of large data bases, and micro-economic models for marketing strategy.
- To provide an interdisciplinary environment for the generation of creative ideas in sales & marketing;
- To provide sufficient analytic skills for evaluation (and implementation) of these ideas, i.e., critical insight;
- To provide training in the communication of these ideas to others; and
- To encourage a type of cumulative contribution to the marketing field by a process of learning how to learn, i.e., the strategy of scholarly inquiry.
- To be certified as CSMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Marketing Management
Module 2: Sales Management
Module 3: Consumer Behavior
Module 4: Marketing Research