Certified Service Management Professional (CSMP)
The Certified Service Management Professional (CSMP) is career-focused, offers a variety of alternatives for further education, or, on the other hand, facilitates entry into the business. Students who complete this program will have the core knowledge and abilities needed to offer world-class hospitality and tourism services to clients. This certificate program exposes students to a variety of areas within the hospitality and tourist sector, helps those with prior hospitality experience develop their professional skills, and sets them up to continue their education.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Increase customer pleasure by offering expert hospitality services.
- List and define the different segments of the Canadian travel and tourist industry.
- To help with the daily operations of a hospitality enterprise, use simple mathematical and financial calculations.
- Help small- and medium-sized hotel businesses with their marketing and sales.
- Recognize and follow all applicable laws, regulations, and policies relating to health and safety in the hospitality sector.
- Develop and put into practice plans for your own and your staff’s professional and personal growth in the hospitality sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience in Hospitality Service Management
- To be certified as CSMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
Module 1: Tourism and Hospitality Management
Module 2: Food and Beverage Management-Restaurant Management
Module 3: Hospitality-Hotel Operations Management
Module 4: Event Planning