Certified Sustainable Event Management Professional (CSEMP)
The Certified Sustainable Event Management Professional (CSEMP) professional certification program provides individuals with the knowledge and skills required to plan and execute sustainable events. This program is designed to cover the key principles and practices of sustainable event management, including the eight sustainable event criteria, management and communication principles, implementation of sustainability in events, and monitoring and reporting on sustainable events. Participants will gain an understanding of the key considerations for event sustainability, as well as the tools and techniques required to implement sustainable practices. By completing this program, individuals will be equipped to create events that have a positive impact on the environment and society.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understand the concept of sustainable events and their importance
- Learn about the 8 sustainable events criteria and how to evaluate event sustainability
- Understand the management principles for sustainable events, including stakeholder engagement and communication strategies
- Learn how to implement sustainability in events, including reducing negative impacts, integrating social aspects, and achieving climate neutrality
- Understand the principles of measuring GHG emissions and offset management
- Learn about monitoring and reporting on sustainable events, including standards and reporting options
- Acquire practical tools and checklists for implementing sustainable practices in various aspects of event management.
- To be certified as CSEMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction to Sustainable Events and the 8 Sustainable Events Criteria
- Management and Communication Principles for Sustainable Events
- Implementing Sustainability in Events, Including Climate Neutrality and Social Aspects
- Monitoring and Reporting on Sustainable Events with Checklists and Standards